In an in-depth interview with sustainablewine.co.uk, Adrian Bridge, CEO of Taylor’s Port (and the The Fladgate Partnership, whose Port brands include Taylor’s, Croft, Krohn and Fonseca) and the man behind the Porto Protocol, explains why sustainability is a major focus for him, what’s driving change, and how bigger wine firms can and must respond to the climate crisis.
In this podcast, we discuss with Adrian:
- What Taylor’s Port has been doing on sustainability in recent years, and how that has accelerated
- How the Porto Protocol came about, and his plans for it, in the coming years
- Why sustainability in wine is both local and global, and what brands like Taylor’s can do with farmers.
- What makes the wine industry unique in sustainability AND how big players can now respond
- His views on what consumers want from wine brands – and whether they are driving sustainability.
Check out the latest on the Porto Protocol here.
Join 200 wine producers, distributors, traders, retailers and many others from the industry, at the Future of Wine Forum 2020, which takes place in London on November 26-27. Register or sign up for updates at: https://futurewineforum.com/. For regular media updates and analysis sign up on this site, above, for our weekly newsletter.